Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Monday, September 04, 2006


I'd like to extend a welcome and an invite to all knitters who never take time to knit for themselves to join this blog and post their projects here:) Please EMAIL ME for an invite!

Also...HEARTY THANKS TO Splindarella and Page for giving me a hand...they'll be receiving knitting prizes from the dye studio:)

This is what I worked on Sunday morning and some yesterday ~ the Yukon Leaves sock pattern from Boogie Knits. I finished the leg yesterday afternoon and started on the heel, which is way different than any other heel I've worked in a sock so far. My husband (sock machine knitter) called it a "Pouch Heel"...it has a band and no gusset so was remarkably simple to work. We'll see how it fits, eh?

My other Sunday projects are spinning and then knitting a Shetland shawl that I started for the Tour de Fleece challenge, and finishing my gorgeous cabled merino pull-over (Vogue Knitting pattern) that just needs to be blocked then sewn together and finished at the neck. I've been working on this for a couple years so I think today I'll block it out since it's dry and sunny so I can have it ready to finish for Sunday morning:)


WHAT ARE YOUR SELFISH SUNDAY PROJECTS?

2 Comments:

At 5.9.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leah
Nice to see this site back up. My selfish Sun. project for awhile is going to be the Sheep Shawl till I get the baby gifts done. Then I will do sox that I have wanted to do for myself but never could find the time, now I will have it.

 
At 5.9.06, Blogger Leah said...

Glad you can join us Janet! I'll be sending you an invite soon so you can post your Sunday knitting progress right on the blog itself :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home