Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Let's Get Selfish!

Wow, you know I was just looking forward to Sunday morning and thinking about which WIP to work on for my selfish knitting time, and I realized I have absolutely NOTHING on the needles for myself! I do, however, have a baby bib for a shower gift, a stole for a Christmas present, a scarf, a pullover, and a list of projects a mile long, all for other people. Sheesh!

So, my first big decision is what should I cast on for my very own self? Here's what I'm thinking about; please feel free to comment and help me with my choice!

  • A moebius scarf made from a skein of gorgeous, soft, autumn-colors handpainted yarn that I got in a swap.
  • An Elizabeth Zimmermann dickey made from sky-blue alpaca that I spun myself on my Louet wheel.
  • A Pi in Your Sleeves shawl made from Schoolhouse Press unspun Icelandic wool in dark grey (a pretty big, kinda intimidating selfish project -- don't know if I'm up to starting off with this one....)
  • Or maybe something else...?

3 Comments:

At 6.9.06, Blogger Leah said...

Hmmmm....they all sound great to me! I think you should really spoil yourself and knit from your own handspun for you! That's what I'm going to do as soon as I finish at least one of those darn Yukon Leaves sox :)

Why don't you post some pics of the yarn you're thinking about using? I would love to see it!

 
At 7.9.06, Blogger op said...

Yes, Pictures would be awesome, I will do some of mine when I get back to Vinton and my projects and camera! I am in avoid where there is no fiber, I feel ill from lack of wool or mohair, I am having chills from having nothing to spin and my wheel is just staring at me! I am reduced to making cotton dishcloths for my son! ~~op

 
At 7.9.06, Blogger Abigale said...

I also vote for using some of your handspun - there's just nothing like knowing that you made something totally from scratch! And I also vote for you posting some pics as well!

And I don't know about you - but I happen to prefer knitting from my handspun to commercial yarn - every single day. I find that projects that I start out of handspun usually tend to get finished (and that's saying a lot for me!) Abi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home