Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

There's been plenty going on this week, but for some reason it feels like it's all been in the kitchen. I guess it's just that time of year. DH and I are on a diet and it feels like all I ever do is think about food. What to buy, how to cook it and how it's going to effect the waist line. So far all is good. To reward myself Sunday I spent a HUGE amount of time knitting. I'm not knitting any pressies for anyone who does not read this blog this year so there is a lot of Selfish Sunday Knitting going on at my house. (lucky for me!!!) It felt like it was taking forever but......I give you this....
This is the most current picture of 15 inches of sweater back. (Ok, I realize most of you have knitted far larger items...lol...this is a first for me and I'm totally amazed with each step that gets completed. The whole "I did that?" thought kicks in and I have to giggle. This is the largest project I've EVER knitted. lol I'm sure I'll get overmyself soon.) I had to take a pic before starting the arm hole shaping cause you know, all heck could break lose and this could end up in the frog pond. I will confess to not using lifelines at this time and triple counting everything before beginning a new row. Not that I'm paranoid...but really....this is the largest item I've knitted so far and I don't want to screw it up! (BTW...I've only had to tink back one row....the first decrease row as I didn't decrease enough lol.) I did start the armhole shaping and am truely nervous about this. I really don't want to screw this up and keep reading the pattern thinking..."This is much to easy to be true."lol ( Paranioa....will destroy ya.. ...lol. sorry...rebel rocker days kicking in.) I keep telling myself that this is the largest piece to be knitted for this sweater. I could be wrong...the hood may be technically larger...but still...the front panels and sleeves have got to be narrower! Right now I can't put it down. That's really good because I couldn't pick it up all week. I just had other stuff on my mind. lol.

I've since started the armhole shaping which for some reason excites me as it feels like I'm "really knitting a sweater" for some reason. Did I mention I've never knitted a sweater? lol I'm a doof! I can't help myself from already thinking about casting on for the next piece. I guess that's good because I'd really like this sweater done this winter! lol If I can keep up at this rate I'll be able to meet the goal. (I'm not holding my breath though I've got a lap afghan (crochete) that is currently 3 years old and only 1/4 done.)

Well, it's time for me to get offline and make my "to-do" list for tomorrow. I'm lucky enough to have tomorrow off and need to use it wisely for Thanksgiving day prep. Therefore, I'm making a list of stuff to get done tomorrow. I'm also lucky enough to only have two other people that I'm cooking for and our diets all work together and .......neither care if I clean the house! Gotta love that in a guest! So, I do believe I'll make the extra effort to actually clean the house tomorrow. ;)

2 Comments:

At 22.11.06, Blogger Leah said...

I'm so excited for you, knitting your first sweater! Sounds like you're enjoying it and that's the way it should be. It looks great so far! Sweaters aren't hard so just trust yourself and read the pattern as carefully as you can before going on to the next step...we'll help you if you get stuck! Can't wait to see a picture of YOU WEARING YOUR SWEATER :)

 
At 22.11.06, Blogger April said...

heheh I am having fun with it. I can't wait to wear it...especially as the temps are dropping here. Thanks for the support

 

Post a Comment

<< Home