Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Hello to all you SSK'ers! I'm new to the neighborhood and I joined up becase I often forget to knit for myself.

My name s Lisa and I live in central Arkansas with my husband and sons. I knit alot for other people--family mostly, but occasionally I manage something just for me. Right now OTN is a two tone sweater from the book The Purl Experience. If you haven't seen that particular book, it is definately worth a look. There are three books in the set and all of them are great. I can't remember which, but one of these books has the famous "Einstein Coat" pattern.

Today I knit my oldest granddaughter a toboggan. Poor sweetheart didn't have one so Mimi(I) just had to fix her up. I loosely followed a basic hat pattern, but did alot of custom work so the hat came out very customized and totally CUTE! She'll love it!


I am also a spinner and have always got a conflict going inside my head about should I spin tonight, or knit?? Right now since I'm working on my sweater, I haven't even touched my wheel in weeks. I have tons of raw fleece to work up so I really NEED to get busy washing and carding. Just yesterday, I got a huge box of fleece in the mail to add to my chore list. This newest fleece is just beautiful, so it won't take alot of work to prepare. I just need more hours in my day.

1 Comments:

At 12.11.06, Blogger Leah said...

Welcome Lisa! So great to have you with us. We would LOVE to see pics of your projects too...got any to share? If you have trouble getting them uploaded to the blog, email them to me and I'll put them in for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home