Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Here is a progress picture of the Hooded Sweater I am currently knitting. I picked up a circular needle today at the craft store and transferred the knitting over to that. It has made a world of difference! Not only am I knitting a bit faster, but the weight of the yarn is not hanging on my wrists so I'm able to knit for longer periods of time. I have only been able to work on this for an hour so far today, but I'll knit some before bed. I don't have any other projects on the needles, hooks or beadbox right now, so any craft time I take during the week is split between the spinning and the sweater. Mostly this week it has been spinning as the knitting was slow and painful. Now that I have it on a circular, I'm hoping to make better progress.

With the cooler weather this week (rain, rain, rain Oh yeah, it's Washington....that's normal!) I've been able to wear my handknit socks to work. It's a first and was wonderful. My feet didn't hurt a 10th of what they normally do. (I normally wear cotton socks that are fairly thin.) I'm planning on spinning some "sock yarn" to knit into socks for myself but I think I'm going to have to pick up a skein so that I can have an actual "sock yarn" to use for gauge. As much as I love to read, I'm a visual person and need to see it to understand it fully in matters such as these. Hopefully I'll be able to knit a new sock soon. ;) ( The previous socks I've knitted were made from larger yarn.)

This post is cut from another posted at my main blog. I try to keep only the rest of my posts from spilling over. If you're interested in checking out what I'm up to, come on over! http://crafterscupboard.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

At 12.11.06, Blogger Leah said...

You go April! Very cool to see you progressing so well with your knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home