Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hey everyone, just checking in to say hi! I haven't posted here yet, though I've been meaning to. Sunday is fast approaching and I plan to spend some quality knitting time with my saddle shouldered (well - I'm hoping I can figure out the whole saddle shoulder thing - I've got the Knitters Workshop and various other - knit-in-one-piece type books to help me figure it all out, but I could very possibly whimp out and make a raglan) cardigan.

Here's the progress a couple of days ago. I've started sleeve #2 (because it's kind of necessary) and am hoping to be able to get started on the whole yoke shaping thing soon.

The yarn is my own handspun - a 4 ply that's knitting up to 20sts/4". It's done in alpaca/camel down/tussah silk/angora wool blend.

Wish me luck! I really hope I can figure this out.

Thanks!

Abi

3 Comments:

At 1.10.06, Blogger April said...

Abi that's beautiful! I can't wait to see it completed.

 
At 3.10.06, Blogger Leah said...

So glad to see you posting Abi! Cool stump...oh, and the sweater is looking nice too...ha! The yarn sounds heavenly! So, you knit the sleeves and then join it all together while you're shaping the yoke and all that? Hmmm...I can't seem to wrap my head around how it's knit in one piece since it's in 2 at the moment...I'm such a dork sometimes!

 
At 5.10.06, Blogger op said...

Absolutely lovely, Abi! Super spinning! I think I am going to do the Intolerable Cruelty KAL skirt from Knitty in some handspun! I hope it will look half that good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home