Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's Sunday and I look forward to working on my afghan again. I love the yarn, Lamb’s Pride Bulky. The color is oatmeal. I love the pattern, Pure and Simple from Fiber Trends Easy Baby Blanket pattern collection 2 . And I love the afghan. Ever since it was about 3 feet long I have been using it to warm myself. My house is finally getting cool enough again that I can snuggle up under it. It is now about 5 feet long and I have 7 skeins left. I am not sure how long I am going to go but it is ALL mine.
Pure and Simple Afghan
(The one mistake I made was being to lazy to minimize the problem of different dye lots, see the line) My daughter likes my afghan too so I am afraid she might be using it when I want it. So along with the fact that this has been so enjoyable to knit I bought more Lambs Pride Bulky in the Blue Magic colorway and started a second on using the Waves of Blue pattern from the same booklet.

My other project for myself the Ballet Camisole, I am not so fond of. Although the yarn, Knit Picks Shine Sport is a dream to knit with I find the stockinette on circulars boring. I have a feeling I will never end up wearing it when I am done. This is how far I have gotten:
Ballet Camisole 9.25
I have a lot to do today but I know that I will have some time for some "Selfish Knitting" tonight during Desperate Housewives.

Jeremy

2 Comments:

At 24.9.06, Blogger April said...

The afghan looks so soft and warm! I don't blame your daughter for using it too! hehe

 
At 25.9.06, Blogger Leah said...

The different dye lots just look like a design feature to me :) Looks great!

The ballet camisole looks like it will be gorgeous after you're through with all the boring stockinette. I have that problem with straight stockinette too...seems to take a thousand years, doesn't it? But, I sometimes like a project like that in between more complicated projects for the brainlessness of it all...every now and then I just want to pick something up and not think too hard on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home