Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006
















Selfish Sunday Knitting seems to be turning out to be Selfish Knitting All Week Long with this project! I know it looks like a big tangle of yarn and needles, but in reality it's a Moebius Scarf knitted all in one piece lengthwise along the long outer edge of the moebius curve instead of knitting back-and-forth widthwise then giving the scarf a half twist and grafting the ends together. It's very weird knitting this way; the cable of my circ is actually twisted into a moebius curve, which made it quite difficult to knit the first couple of rows. Now that I'm a few rows along, though, it's a very easy knit, and I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out. I'm using up the skein of superwash merino in the Lola colorway that I got in trade earlier this year. I'm absolutely loving the fall colors, which is also part of why I've been knitting on it all week long -- I just can't wait to wear it! Now I just need to decide how I want to finish it off. I'm thinking maybe a simple knitted-on I-cord, but I might just pull out my Nicky Epstein books and see if there's something else that catches my eye....

2 Comments:

At 19.10.06, Blogger Leah said...

oooooooooohhhhhhhh....PRETTY! One day I'll venture into Mobeius-ness :) Can't wait to see it finished!

 
At 19.10.06, Blogger Abigale said...

I've done a moebius from Cat Bordhi's book - I had really good luck with a knitted on sideways (just garter stitch) border, but would love to do one with a lacy border!!

The I-cord would work very well too.

You're right, those first few rows really are a pain!

Abi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home