Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy (upcoming) New Year, all! The post about the beautiful socks has inspired me to ask a question. Does anyone here have or know anything about circular sock machines? I've been interested in them for years but never bought one because the only ones available have been antiques/out of production and I didn't want to mess with trying to find spare parts, etc. Now it seems a New Zealand producer has started making the first new csm in decades, and from what I've read on the sock knitting lists people really like it. I would be a total newbie on one of these but LOVE the idea of being able to knock out a pair of socks in an hour or two. They are NOT cheap, so buying one would definitely fall under the heading "selfish knitting" (except, of course, I'd be making socks for my near and dear as well as myself). I guess I'm just looking for other opinions, experiences, advice, etc. Any input, anyone?

1 Comments:

At 29.12.06, Blogger Leah said...

Hi! My husband knits socks on commercial machines for a living (well, part time anyway...he's a soldier first!) and he has several antique circular sock machines. The lady developing them in New Zealand makes a lovely machine, and I know several people who have her new machines. They're expensive, but well worth the money. If you have any questions, email me and I'll pass them along to my husband, the expert sock man :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home