Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!! I hope everyone had a safe and fun evening last night. I spent the afternoon/evening on the couch crocheting away. I've finally "turned the corner" on the lap afghan and am reducing the row length to create the square. The nice part is that as I complete the rows, I'm able to tie off some of the traveling yarns and remove them from the tangle that is my working yarn. lol This was taken last night about 8 pm and it shows the corner progress. I worked on it until really really late...or really really early depending on how you look at it..lol, so there's much more done.




I should be able to complete this patterned piece either today or tomorrow. Then it's the border x 2 and then it's done! The border will likely take forever and that is the next hurdle. I still like the looks of it an the messy part will be over soon so hopefully I can stay motivated. There has been no motivation for knitting right now, so no sweater progress...and alas....no sock progress. Maybe later today. There has been much spinning done in the last week though and I've run into a bit of an issue. If you're a spinner...check out my "cable plied" yarn (posted today) and see if you can help me out with a few questions.

3 Comments:

At 1.1.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

Your afghan is coming right along. Very pretty!

 
At 4.1.07, Blogger Leah said...

Looks great April! I don't like spinning cabled yarns so I probably can't help out with your spinning question but I need to check out your blog anyway :)

 
At 5.1.07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol please!!!! Any help would be appreciated! This is BEAUTIFUL Yarn and I'm completely afraid to use it. lol. Thanks Leah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home