Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007


Hi everyone! I finished something for me, which created minor guilt because I'm doing this whole UFO Knit Club thing (another blog and you can join if you want ~ let me know!) BUT I did finish an obligatory knit before I spent 2 whole days on this :) I'm going to do a blog post on my regular blog tonight, I think, with the pattern and the whole saga of it, but I'm pretty pleased with it. It's called "RIPPLE IN MY STASH" and is made out of small bits of angora and alpaca handspun...one of my favorite lazy things to do is come up with ways to use my most precious little yarn bits and this worked out really well and was totally addicting to knit! And I wish it were washed because I want to wear it TODAY...it's cold out there (about 17 degrees) with several inches of snow on the ground but I guess I'll be forced to wear another alpaca scarf or maybe my mohair and silk scarf...which brings me to THIS question:

HOW MANY SCARVES DO YOU HAVE THAT YOU KNIT FOR YOURSELF?

I don't have as many as you might think, really...which is odd because I do love to knit them when I'm feeling slovenly in my knitting and want some quick satisfaction :) So, let us know how many YOU have and post some photos. I'll take some of mine tomorrow, since this is a fly-by posting and I have to go and shovel out the pot bellied kids and take care of the buns and get my own butt ready for work.

4 Comments:

At 16.1.07, Blogger Splindarella said...

I have one scarf that I crocheted for myself that I absolutely love and wear all the time. It's super long and very thick and warm...exactly what I need in the depths of winter.

 
At 18.1.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

Cool scarf. I have a few I will have to post a pic of. Some to keep warm and some for looks.

 
At 18.1.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 18.1.07, Blogger Abigale said...

I personally have a grand total of 0 handmade scarves for myself - I'm not much of a scarf maker - didn't even make scarves until I'd been knitting a long time - first project was an all stockinette afghan out of acrylic - Yeah - I know - I was young though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home