Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Huzzah! Finally I'm making a post! I had a fit of knitterly selfishness and whipped up a Calorimetry for myself, inspired by my Mystery Skein Swap partner Elabeth's two versions. It's knit in a soy/wool blend I bought one skein of at Michaels and can't remember the name of. ;)

Here it is without the button and with the tails not yet woven in (this is a clickable thumbnail):






And here it is on me (this isn't a clickable thumbnail ;)):



I love the way the color blend turned out, and I've already worn it around quite bit. Yay! It's exciting to actually have made something for myself. ;) I've also been working on a cotton A-line skirt for several months now, and I finished a mini version of Knitty's Intolerable Cruelty at light-speed last month for a Christmas party, but I don't have a photo of that yet. Phooey. ;D Anyway, whew. I'm finally an "active" member of the SSK club -- selfish knitters, unite!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11.1.07, Blogger Leah said...

YAY! YOU'RE HERE! It looks great and I have to admit, I was fondling some of the soy/wool I saw at Michaels myself over the holidays :) So glad you're posting and knitting some stuff for YOU!

 
At 12.1.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

Isn't it fun knitting selfishly??? That is too cool and the colors are great. I will have to check out that yarn the next time I get to Michaels.

 
At 13.1.07, Blogger Elysbeth said...

Seeing your makes me want to make one. Funny how a change in color will do that. Enjoy it.

 
At 14.1.07, Blogger op said...

Beautiful! Laura (my daughter) knit one out of rainbow koigu, it is absolutely beautiful! Then she knit several more, the latest out of a variagated blue Malibrigo!

 
At 18.1.07, Blogger Lisa said...

I've been making these too. I love how your colors worked out in the perfect stripe pattern. Very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home