Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Sunday, February 11, 2007


I started this little scarf last night. Don't you love the colors? The yarn is a single ply handspun by Leah's mom Darlene. The only thing is I am bummed it will be on the short side. I am debating if I can add anything in the middle to stretch the length out any longer or just finish as is and call it good. The pattern is a feather and fan pattern. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Comments:

At 11.2.07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe make it into a seaman's scarf?
... by using the feather and fan pattern only at the ends, with the middle section done in garter stitch.

Don't know if you would "save" all that much yarn (get much more length), but might might be worth a try.

Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

 
At 12.2.07, Blogger Splindarella said...

Or you could try introducing stripes of a different yarn (maybe a solid color that picks up on one of the colors in the handspun) and alternate between that and the handspun....

 
At 15.2.07, Blogger Leah said...

ooooh...it came out really pretty knitted up, didn't it? I think I would rip it back to the beginning (ugh, I know! but it's a fun pattern to knit!) and then do what splinderalla suggested...carry another yarn up the side and alternate every 2 rows. C'mon...I *know* you have some purple you can spin up hiding out somewhere or something purple in your commercial yarn stash ;>

You could just add onto the ends that you're going to join though with another yarn..it would look OK I think...like a color-blocked scarf that you meant to do all along :)

 
At 16.2.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

I think you are right, I will rip back and make a stripe pattern with a contrasting yarn. Bummer, I hate frogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home