Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Sunday, February 04, 2007


Is everyone out there knitting? If you're not, get to it!
Come on, it's Superbowl Sunday and we all knit on Superbowl Sunday!
See that brown sweater over there? I'm going to be working on that real soon. Ok. So, it's 3:00 and I haven't yet. I've been working on something else.
Yep, had to clean the fish tank that's right here next to my laptop. The poor fishies were looking sad. Now, they're looking better. It's a tank full of pond fish. 4 minnows, 3 bluegill, a tiny big mouth bass and a koi that's huge compared to his buddies. How did this happen? It just did. They're out of our pond in the backyard.
Now, back to knitting. That sweater is #12 in knit simple. I think it's #12. It's the blue/purple one. I'm making it in brown/tan. The yarn was from the WEBS sale that was going on during Christmas. I only paid $34 for enough Dakota Durango to make my sweater. It's so soft, too. I wanted to check to see if they still had some while I was online yesterday. I got sidetracked and spent some $ elsewhere. What did I buy yesterday?
I'll tell ya.
A 2-lb cone of mohair in camel, 2 balls of cashmere/merino for socks and AVON. There's a lady we all know that sells Avon. I went to her website to look at yarn and saw exactly what I needed. When the big 50 is looming on the horizon you do anything you can to keep that younger look going.
Back to my knitting.
You all get back to your's too!

3 Comments:

At 5.2.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

Very pretty yarn! I can't wait to see the finished sweater.

 
At 5.2.07, Blogger Leah said...

Looking good Susan ~ and you're going to look so hot after buying that Avon ;>

 
At 8.2.07, Blogger April said...

Hmm.....so the "not-so-local fav for lucious fibers" is also a fav for perfume???? I shall have to check that out! I do believe my bottle of fav Avon smelly stuff is empty. lol Keep us posted on the sweater progess! It looks wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home