Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007


Well, hello there everyone! Wow...so quiet here and I confess I've been the worst blogger alive for the past couple of months. Anyone getting in any SSK?
Not a whole lot of SSK going on around here but I did finish this adorable bag quite awhile ago...it's lined in the perfect flannel plaid (thanks Mom!) and the vintage leather button was perfect for it! I used double strands of my own handspun and some wool/mohair I had on a cone for it and love how it turned out...it's from One Skein Knitting. This is actually the very first purse I've ever knit for myself!
I'm currently working on the Summertime Tunic from Interweave Knits in this really cool rayon/linen blend tape type yarn I have at the shop....it's slow going on size 6 needles but coming along faster than I thought at first. There's a free pattern for it HERE ... a super easy knit and cute! As long as you don't mind stockinette forever on size 6 needles
Let's see...there's the scarf vest that I actually finally blocked and can now seam up and knit the collar but that's not a priority since I won't be wearing it till this fall. There's the other purple lace sock that I'll probably cast on after this...difficult to motivate myself for those size 1 needles but it's a perfect summery project. I also want to knit another little top from that same issue of Interweave Knits...it's the lacey little sleeveless tank number that's fitted under the bust. Can't think of the name of it right now but it's sweet!
Well, just thought I'd check in really quick and see if anyone's out there kicking and SSK'n :)

1 Comments:

At 31.5.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

I love your purse. The colors are great and your button is perfect! I can't wait to see this one in person.

I have a pair of socks on the needles. I will try to post a pic this weekend. But that is about all the SSK I have going on. Bummer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home