Selfish Sunday Knitters

Don't apologize ~ KNIT FOR YOURSELF! Join us in Selfish Sunday Knitting and join this blog to share your projects, cheers, tears, tips and tricks. I'm Leah, and I'm your hostess, sitting on the couch each and every Sunday with my cuppa joe and knitting for ME!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

OK...how boring am I lately? I've not been doing much SSK at all! The winter is just kicking my butt, I think...I truly hate it these days and when it's as hideously cold as it has been lately, I end up really tired. I have been working on some UFO's lately, trying to get those monkeys off my back and I'm half-heartedly knitting on my weird scarf vest thing I blogged about awhile back. I just have to finish the other front half, which won't take too long, and then sew and knit the small collar. Then I'll actually have something to wear if I'm not totally embarrassed by it...it's my first "real" handspun and it's kind of funky and might end up being a weird thing, I dunno. So, here's the pic of the back which I finished forever ago and the pic from the Knit 1 mag where the pattern resides. Woooweee...how exciting is this?? But...the stitch would be good for another kind of vest as well I think.

Anyway, that's about it for SSK...I've done a bit more on the Sheep Shawl here and there but the KAL kind of petered out and I'm not feeling any pressure to work super hard on it. Probably because the KAL being a bit of a flop bums me out. My head just isn't into knitting something super hard lately, which is why I'm actually knitting the Scarf Vest :) Super easy and actually, I thought I might share the garter slip rib stitch with y'all...it's a good no-brainer stitch and might be fun to do on something instead of plain old rib...like a hat brim or something. It's not super stretchy like most ribs either and might even be kind of cool in a garment. So I'm sharing the pattern stitch to keep you all from being hideously bored by my non SSK'ing and boring repeat pictures ;>


Garter Slip Rib Stitch: (worked on multiples of 7)


Row 1: *Knit 3, Slip 1 Stitch Purlwise with Yarn in Back* repeat across row, ending with Knit 3


Row 2: *Knit 3, Purl 1* repeat across row, ending with Knit 3.


That's it. Mindless stuff, I'm tellin ya.


I've been spinning up some interesting stuff lately, which I have yet to blog about on my personal blog and hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow and be all fired up about blogging it. I've also been getting some dyeing done ~ this week I dyed some merino/silk crack (long story!) and some lincoln fleece/locks...that stuff was a blast to play with!

2 Comments:

At 15.2.07, Blogger Splindarella said...

That scarf/vest reminds me of something one of my students was wearing last week: a turtleneck with an attached scarf. It was kind of cool yet pointless -- turtleneck *and* scarf?? -- but you know I did think of copying it for myself anyway!

 
At 19.2.07, Blogger Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see your vest/scarf in person. How cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home